- Plastic food trays, bottles, jugs, cups and wide mouth containers
- Rigid plastics like toys, buckets, bins, etc.
- Empty aerosol cans with lids removed
- Milk and juice cartons and boxes
- Aluminum cans, foil and trays
- Metal food cans, rinsed
- Glass bottles and jars with lids removed
- Cereal and food boxes, flattened
- Cardboard and pizza boxes, flattened
- Magazines, phone books, catalogs and paperback books
- Mixed paper, paper bags, junk mail and newspapers
Note: Oconee County collection sites collect recyclables in a dual stream system with glass, plastics, steel and aluminum cans co-mingled and paper and cardboard products co-mingled. All items for recycling must be clean with any handles removed.
Not Accepted for Recycling
For information on what do with these hard to recycle items, click here.
- Batteries or Light Bulbs
- Dishes and Glassware
- Hardcover Books
- Napkins or Paper Towels
- Antifreeze Containers (cooking oil may be recycled at all Oconee County Sites and motor oil may be recycled at Butler's Crossing and Hwy 441 locations)
- Paper Plates and Cups
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Cutlery
- Pots and Pans
- Shredded Paper
- Wire Hangers
If you have questions regarding recycling other items, please call 706-310-3560 or email email@example.com.