The Oconee County Board of Commissioners held its regular meeting on Tuesday, May 2, 2023.
The following actions were taken at the meeting:
- The annual burn ban that is required by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division is in effect May 1 through September 30 in Oconee County
- Approved with conditions Rezone #P23-0087 from B-1 to B-1 and B-2 for 42.76 acres located at the southeast corner of Highway 78 and Highway 53; Vacant
- Approved with conditions Rezone #P22-0315 for Change in Conditions of Approval for Case #1967 for 1.38 acres located at 1030 Cliff Dawson Road; Vacant
- Approved with conditions Rezone #P23-0043 from AG (Agricultural District) to AR-3 (Agricultural Residential Three Acre District) for 7.82 acres located at the southeast corner of Highway 53 and Bishop Farms Parkway; Agricultural Use
- Approved with conditions Rezone #P23-0051 from AG (Agricultural District) to AR (Agricultural Residential District) for 10.03 acres located at 2371 Cole Springs Road; Agricultural.
- Approved with conditions Special Use #P23-0052 for Change in Conditions of Approval for Case #4639 Special Use Approval for Residential Amenity Lot in the AR Zoning District for 415.48 acres located on Treadwell Bridge Road; Undeveloped.
- Approved Text Amendments to the Unified Development Code of Oconee County
- Presentation of FY24 Budget Proposal
- Approved the SR 53 at Snows Mill Road/Rocky Branch Right-of-Way Contract
- Approved the Award of the Bid for SR 53 at Union Church Road Signal Installation and Oconee Connector Signal Head Replacement Bid
- Approved the Parks & Recreation FY24 Concession Services Contracts with Oconee Futbol Club and Oconee County Little League
- Approved a Memorandum of Understanding with the Oconee Parks Foundation
- Approved the GTC Encroachment Agreement for Fuller Drive
- Approved the alcohol license request for The Crab Hut; 1011 Park Drive; Watkinsville with Thekiet Ngo as the Registered Agent
- Approved the alcohol license request for Flying Biscuit Cafe; 1850 Epps Bridge Parkway, Suite 1; Athens with Arjun Patel as the Registered Agent
- Approved Right of Way Abandonment for Old Jennings Mill Road, Jennings Mill Extension and Research Parkway
For more information about Oconee County Government, visit www.oconeecounty.com.
Watch videos of Board of Commissioners meetings on the county’s YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/@oconeeconnects.