As the county heads into summer and temperatures rise, Oconee County Water Resources reminds residents to adhere to the existing state-established non-drought conservation watering schedule that is in effect year-round for Oconee County per Georgia Department of Natural Resources regulations:
- Odd-numbered addresses - Outdoor water use is allowed on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays between 4 pm and 10 am
- Even-numbered addresses - Outdoor water use is allowed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays between 4 pm and 10 am
- Drip irrigation and hand watering are allowed on any day and at any time
Those that are found to be in violation of this water conservation schedule will be subject to the following penalties:
- First Violation – written warning, notification that future violation may include fines and possible termination of services for a period of time as required by the court
- Second Violation – fine assessed of no more than $1000.00 with a surcharge of $250.00
- Third or Subsequent Violation - fine assessed of no more than $1000.00, and may result in termination of water services for a period of time as determined by the court and a surcharge of $1000.00.
To read the complete Oconee County Water Conservation Ordinance, visit https://www.oconeecounty.com/DocumentCenter/View/13264/Oconee-County-Drought-Water-Conservation-Ordinance.