Welcome to the OCPRD Coach Corner!
OCPRD relies on the commitment of hundreds of volunteers to successfully run our youth athletic programs season to season. From the soccer field to the basketball court, you can make a difference in the Oconee community. We created this page for you, the volunteer coach, in hopes that it is a better resource for each and every coach no matter which season or sport.
Upcoming season - Winter 2022:
Youth Basketball Leagues
- Mite Boys and Girls (7-8 years old)
- Pee Wee Boys and Girls (9-10 years old)
- Minor Boys (11 years old)
- Major Boys (12 years old)
- Major Girls (11-12 years old)
- Senior Boys (13-14 years old)
Youth Soccer Coach Commitment, Mite - Pee Wee Leagues:
- Two - One hour activities per week
- Eight game regular season
- No post-season
- Post-Season Jamboree (Pee Wee only)
Youth Soccer Coach Commitment, Minor - Senior Leagues:
- Practice length depends on age group
- Certified referees for games
- Eight game regular season
- Post-season jamboree OR tournament
Coaching Requirements - All volunteer youth athletic coaches must complete the following:
1. Register as a Volunteer Coach online through Community Pass:
3. Complete free online concussion training:
4. Complete the NYSCA Training (Attend One):
- Wednesday, November 2 at 6 p.m. at OVP
- Thursday, November 10 at 7:15 p.m. at OVP
- Wednesday, November 16 at 6 p.m. at OVP
- Thursday, November 10 at 6 p.m. (Mite - Pee Wee at HCM Gym; Minor - Senior at OVP Gym)
Child Abuse - Mandatory Reporting and Concussions – Return to Play Act
For additional information on these OCPRD policies, please click below. If you have questions regarding these policies, please contact the Recreation Manager or Deputy Director.
OCPRD by the Numbers (2022) Youth Flag Football 373 players 39 volunteer head coaches Youth Tackle Football 255 Players 9 volunteer head coaches Youth Cheerleading 129 Players 10 volunteer head coaches Youth Soccer (Fall & Spring) 2,312 players 256 volunteer head coaches Youth Basketball (2021-22) 697 players 86 volunteer head coaches Totals 3, 766 players 400 volunteer head coaches
|OCPRD by the Numbers (2022)|
|Youth Flag Football||373 players||39 volunteer head coaches|
|Youth Tackle Football||255 Players||9 volunteer head coaches |
|Youth Cheerleading||129 Players||10 volunteer head coaches|
| Youth Soccer (Fall & Spring)||2,312 players||256 volunteer head coaches|
|Youth Basketball (2021-22)||697 players||86 volunteer head coaches|
|Totals||3, 766 players||400 volunteer head coaches|
- "Soccer great on building teams where kids truly care for each other"
- "Leadership Lessons"
- Buzz Williams: "Care for their hearts more than their skill"
- Website: howtocoachkids.org @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>