Welcome to the OCPRD Coach Corner!
OCPRD relies on the commitment of hundreds of volunteers to successfully run our youth athletic programs season to season. From the soccer field to the basketball court, you can make a difference in the Oconee community. We created this page for you, the volunteer coach, in hopes that it is a better resource for each and every coaches no matter which season or sport.
Upcoming season needing coaches - Winter 2018:
- Youth Basketball Leagues
- Mite Boys and Girls Leagues (7-8 years old)
- Pee Wee Boys and Girls Leagues (9-10 years old)
- Minor Boys League (11 years old)
- Major Boys League (12 years old)
- Major Girls League (11-13 years old)
- Senior Boys League (13-14 years old)
All volunteer youth athletic coaches must complete the following:
1. Complete a Volunteer Coaches Application online through Community Pass:
Form Link: Community Pass
2. Complete and pass online criminal history background check:
Form Link: Oconee County P&R Background Screening Form
Volunteer Eligibility Criteria
3. Complete free online concussion training:
Course Link: CDC Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports
4. Complete the NYSCA Training.Youth Soccer Rule Clinics
- Wednesday, November 7 at 6:15 p.m.
- Thursday, November 15 at 6:15 p.m.
New to soccer? We are hosting a Youth Soccer Rules Clinic to help individuals learn about the game of soccer. All youth athletic leagues coordinated through Oconee County Parks and Recreation are volunteer coach based and all teams will need at minimum one volunteer head coach.
Clinics will be held in the OVP Community Center on:
- Thursday, August 2
- Wednesday, August 8
| OCPRD by the Numbers (Winter 2017 - Fall 2018)
|Youth Soccer (Spring)
||152 Volunteer Head Coaches
|Youth Flag Football
||25 Volunteer Head Coaches
|Youth Tackle Football
||60 Volunteer Coaches
|Youth Basketball||727 players||114 Volunteer Coaches
|Youth Soccer (Fall)||841 players||90 Volunteer Head Coaches|
|Totals||3,195 players||441 Volunteer Coaches|