Agendas & Minutes (new agenda available Friday preceding meeting)
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
1. Approval of Agenda.
OCONEE COUNTY, GEORGIA
OCONEE COUNTY COURTHOUSE
January 8, 2019
2. Statements and Remarks from Citizens.
3. Statements and Remarks from Commissioners.
4. Approval of Minutes:
Minutes from the following meetings have been distributed:
December 4, 2018 – Regular Meeting
(December 18, 2018 – Agenda Meeting canceled, no minutes)
5. Business Involving Guests, Groups, or Multiple Visitors:
1) Presentation by Oconee Area Resource Council – Amanda Davis
6. Resolutions, Ordinances, Policies, Etc.:
1) Discuss revisions to the Ethics Ordinance – Daniel Haygood.
2) Discuss amendment to the Unified Development Code regarding the Development Review Committee (DRC) – Guy Herring.
3) Discuss and consider Resolution requesting local legislation regarding Hotel/Motel Tax – Justin Kirouac.
7. Hearings and Actions on Zoning Matters, Special Use Permits, Street Light Tax Districts, Etc:
1) Rezone Modification No.7637: Parkside Property Development, LLC; R-2 MPD to R-2 MPD with Modifications pursuant to settlement agreement with Oconee County; ± 500.61 acres; GA SR 53 and Mars Hill Road.
2) Rezone Modification No.7638: REO Funding Solutions III, LLC; R-1 MPD to R-1 MPD with Modifications pursuant to settlement agreement with Oconee County; ±15.00 acres; US Highway 78 and Goat Farm Road.
3) Rezone Modification No. 7639; Westland-TLG, LLC; R-1 MPD to R-1 MPD with Modifications pursuant to settlement agreement with Oconee County; ± 420.00 acres; US Highway 78 and Goat Farm Road.
8. Personnel Matters:
1) Consider one appointment to the Board of Tax Assessors for a six-year term to begin April 1, 2019 and expire March 31, 2025.
9. Contracts, Rights-of-Way, Awarding Bids, Purchases, Etc.:
1) Discuss Georgia Department of Transportation 2019 Local Maintenance Improvement Grant (LMIG) – Adam Layfield.
13. Executive Session to discuss land acquisition, personnel matters and/or potential litigation (if needed).