The Oconee County Planning Commission is a joint endeavor between Oconee County and the cities of Bishop, Bogart, North High Shoals and Watkinsville. Started in the 1960s, the Commission currently has twelve members – eight appointed by the Oconee County Board of Commissioners and one appointed by each city's Mayor and Council.
The Commission reviews rezone and special use requests and forwards their recommendation to the appropriate elected body depending on jurisdiction.
Planning Commission meetings are regularly held at 7:00 p.m. in the Board of Commissioners Chambers or in Courtroom #1 in the Oconee County Courthouse on the third Monday of each month but are subject to change due to holiday conflicts. Please see the Planning Commission calendar to verify the date and time of monthly meetings. Agenda items are published in the Oconee Enterprise on the Thursday two weeks prior to each meeting and are available on the County web site. Information for requests scheduled for consideration by the Board of Commissioners or the Planning Commission are published on the County web site on Thursday prior to the scheduled meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Rezone, Special Use, & Variance Requests
Information on upcoming requests coming before the Planning Commission and/or Board of Commissioners.
Members (4-year terms)
- Scott Green, Post 1 Term Expires 09/30/2023
- Brad Tucker, Chair, Post 2 Term Expires 09/30/2022
- Mike Floyd, Post 3 Term Expires 09/30/2021
- Nathan Byrd, Post 4 Term Expires 09/30/2024
- Brian Fosen, Post 5 Term Expires 09/30/2023
- Charles Hunt, Vice-Chair, Post 6 Term Expires 09/30/2024
- Dr. Penny Mills, Post 7 Term Expires 09/30/2022
- Karen Hilyard Post 8 Term Expires 09/30/2021
- Vacant, Post 9 City of Watkinsville Appointment
- Steven Strickland, Post 10 Town of North High Shoals Appointment
- Gavin Jordan, Post 11 City of Bogart Appointment
- Bruce MacPherson, Post 12 Town of Bishop Appointment
For additional information, please call (706) 769-3910.