Oconee County Senior Center
Oconee County Senior Center Update
Greetings all! The Oconee County Senior Center will remain closed through the end of May. Please check us out on Facebook -- https://www.facebook.com/OconeeCenterforActiveLiving/?epa=SEARCH_BOX. Our staff will be posting activities and learning opportunities on Facebook to help you cope with your confinement.
We want you to know we miss you all! We will definitely keep you updated as we get closer to reopening our doors. Please be patient and stay safe!
.The Oconee County Senior Center recommends that everyone continue to protect themselves, their family members, and the community by following CDC guidelines, including:
* Clean your hands often with soap and water, or hand sanitizer
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick
* Distance yourself from other people for at least 6 feet
* Stay home as much as possible, especially if you are sick
* Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow, then wash hands
* Clean and disinfect surfaces daily
For more information on Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.coronavirus.gov/.
Merry Howard, Senior Center Director, firstname.lastname@example.org Allison Burns, Assistant Director, email@example.com
Angela Helwig, Aging Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Ann Hall, Food Services Manager, email@example.com
Marge McKee, Senior Services Aide, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pat Anderson, Receptionist, email@example.com
To positively impact our community by creating opportunities for healthy aging through social engagement, physical activity and well-being, civic involvement, creativity, and lifelong learning.
To give all our members a sense of belonging, providing them with programs that contribute to their well-being, and helping to keep them healthy, happy and informed.
Activities The Oconee County Senior Center offers a wide variety of daily activities:
- Exercise - Senior Fit, Chair Zumba, Line Dancing
- Games - Bingo, Bridge, Canasta, Mahjong, Ping Pong, Pool, Rummikub, Texas Hold'em Poker
- Educational programs, computer classes, arts and crafts instruction
- Holiday parties
- Music programs
- Health screenings - blood pressure checks, etc.