Oconee County Senior Center
Oconee County Senior Center Awarded GrantUpdate
The Oconee County Senior Center was recently awarded a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) of $750,000 to expand its current facility to continue to meet the needs of the county’s older adults. Click here to read the full announcement.
Oconee County Senior Center Update
Please continue to stay updated through our webpage, Facebook, email, or a telephone call to the Senior Center if you have questions related to upcoming planned activities and programs.
Merry Howard, Senior Center Director
Staying safe from the Corona virus* Clean your hands often with soap and water, or hand sanitizer
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick* Wear a cloth face mask to avoid spreading the illness
* Distance yourself from other people for at least 6 feet
* Stay home as much as possible, especially if you are sick
* Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow, then wash hands
* Clean and disinfect surfaces daily
For more information on Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.coronavirus.gov/.
Merry Howard, Senior Center Director, firstname.lastname@example.org Allison Burns, Assistant Director, email@example.com
Angela Helwig, Aging Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Ann Hall, Food Services Manager, email@example.com
Marge McKee, Senior Services Aide, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pat Anderson, Receptionist, email@example.com
To positively impact our community by creating opportunities for healthy aging through social engagement, physical activity and well-being, civic involvement, creativity, and lifelong learning.
To give all our members a sense of belonging, providing them with programs that contribute to their well-being, and helping to keep them healthy, happy and informed.
Activities The Oconee County Senior Center offers a wide variety of daily activities:
- Exercise - Senior Fit, Chair Zumba, Line Dancing
- Games - Bingo, Bridge, Canasta, Mahjong, Ping Pong, Pool, Rummikub, Texas Hold'em Poker
- Educational programs, computer classes, arts and crafts instruction
- Holiday parties
- Music programs
- Health screenings - blood pressure checks, etc.