Oconee County Senior Center
Oconee County Senior Center Closed through March 29
Oconee County Senior Center’s highest priority is the health and well-being of both its members and the entire community. Based on concern regarding COVID-19 and the call to action by Governor Kemp, the Oconee County Senior Center will close at 4 p.m. on Friday, March 13, and remain closed through Sunday, March 29. All Senior Center services and activities are cancelled, with the exception of the Meals on Wheels program, which will continue to deliver hot meals to registered participants. During this closure, the Senior Center will undergo deep cleaning to help prevent the spread of any germs.
The Oconee County Senior Center recommends that everyone continue to protect themselves, their family members, and the community by following CDC guidelines, including:
* Clean your hands often with soap and water, or hand sanitizer
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick
* Distance yourself from other people
* Stay home if you are sick
* Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow, then wash hands
* Clean and disinfect surfaces daily
For more information on Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
New Meals on Wheels volunteer drivers needed! Please consider signing up to help deliver meals to your friends and neighbors in Oconee. These folks are in need of daily meals and friendly smiles. You won't regret being part of our team! For information, please call 706-769-3979 or email to email@example.com.
Merry Howard, Senior Center Director, firstname.lastname@example.org Allison Burns, Assistant Director, email@example.com
Angela Helwig, Aging Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Ann Hall, Food Services Manager, email@example.com
Marge McKee, Senior Services Aide, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pat Anderson, Receptionist, email@example.com
To positively impact our community by creating opportunities for healthy aging through social engagement, physical activity and well-being, civic involvement, creativity, and lifelong learning.
To give all our members a sense of belonging, providing them with programs that contribute to their well-being, and helping to keep them healthy, happy and informed.
Activities The Oconee County Senior Center offers a wide variety of daily activities:
- Exercise - Senior Fit, Chair Zumba, Line Dancing
- Games - Bingo, Bridge, Canasta, Mahjong, Ping Pong, Pool, Rummikub, Texas Hold'em Poker
- Educational programs, computer classes, arts and crafts instruction
- Holiday parties
- Music programs
- Health screenings - blood pressure checks, etc.