Oconee County Senior Center
Oconee County Senior Center Update
Please continue to stay updated through our webpage, Facebook, email, or a telephone call to the Senior Center if you have questions related to upcoming planned activities and programs.
Merry Howard, Senior Center Director
Staying safe from the Corona virus
* Clean your hands often with soap and water, or hand sanitizer
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick
* Wear a cloth face mask to avoid spreading the illness
* Distance yourself from other people for at least 6 feet
* Stay home as much as possible, especially if you are sick
* Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow, then wash hands
* Clean and disinfect surfaces daily
For more information on Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.coronavirus.gov/.
Merry Howard, Senior Center Director, email@example.com Allison Burns, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Helwig, Aging Services Coordinator, email@example.com
Mary Ann Hall, Food Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marge McKee, Senior Services Aide, email@example.com
Pat Anderson, Receptionist, firstname.lastname@example.org
To positively impact our community by creating opportunities for healthy aging through social engagement, physical activity and well-being, civic involvement, creativity, and lifelong learning.
To give all our members a sense of belonging, providing them with programs that contribute to their well-being, and helping to keep them healthy, happy and informed.
Activities The Oconee County Senior Center offers a wide variety of daily activities:
- Exercise - Senior Fit, Chair Zumba, Line Dancing
- Games - Bingo, Bridge, Canasta, Mahjong, Ping Pong, Pool, Rummikub, Texas Hold'em Poker
- Educational programs, computer classes, arts and crafts instruction
- Holiday parties
- Music programs
- Health screenings - blood pressure checks, etc.