P.O. Box 145
Watkinsville, Ga 30677
The essential mission of the Roads & Bridges Department is to repair and maintain all County primary roads and residential streets and rights-of-way, as well as traffic signs and signals and storm water drainage.
- Major Road repairs done in preparation for resurfacing, with and without GDOT assistance.
- Pothole and surface repairs to all County roads and streets.
- Grading, graveling, and improving dirt roads in preparation for asphalt surfacing.
- Maintenance and repairs to surface drainage ditches, pipes, and culverts.
- Maintenance of grass, trees, shrubs, and general condition of County rights-of-way.
- Placement, repair, and maintenance of traffic signs and signals.
- Maintenance and repair of side and center striping on all County roads.
- Removal of litter, dead animals, and other debris from County roads.
- Operation of County vehicle fueling facility.
- Repair and maintenance of all departmental vehicles and equipment.
- Winter snow and ice control as necessary.
- Response to citizen requests and problems.
Logging Permit Applications
Return completed Logging Permit Applications to the Road Department via fax at 706-310-6030, email, in person, or mail to 1150 Industrial Drive, Watkinsville.