Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the park office hours?
- The main office located at Oconee Veterans Park is open from 8 am – 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The office at Herman C. Michael Park is open from 9 am – 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
2. Where are you located?
- Herman C. Michael is located at 1051 Elder Road in Bishop, just off Highway 53/Hog Mountain Road.
- Bogart Sports Complex is located at 200 South Burson/Thompson Street in Bogart, behind the Bogart Library.
- Heritage Park is located at 2543 Macon Highway, Watkinsville, seven miles south of downtown Watkinsville and ten miles north of Madison.
- Oconee Veterans Park is located at 3500A Hog Mountain Road, Watkinsville across from Herman C. Michael Park on Highway 53/Hog Mountain Road.
3. How do I register for an activity or sports program?
- Register online at www.oconeecounty.com/ocprd by clicking the Registration button on the top left side of the park homepage or
- Come by Oconee Veterans Park to fill out the registration form and pay the activity fee (cash not accepted)
4 . How can I volunteer to coach a team sport?
- Contact us at 706-769-3965 to state your interest in volunteering
- Attend and complete National Youth Sports Coaches Association training
- Complete Volunteer Application
- Submit an original copy of the Criminal History Consent form
- Provide a copy of your driver's license
5. How do I complete the Parents Association of Youth Sports (PAYS) requirement in order for my child to participate in any
In order for a child to participate in any competitive youth activity, at least one parent must be a current member of the Parents Association of Youth Sports (PAYS). To fulfill this requirement, follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.nays.org/paysonline/how-it-works.cfm and click “Get Started”
- Step 1 – Contact Information: Complete contact info, then click “Next”
- Step 2 – Select League/Agency Affiliation: Click “Yes”, select “Oconee County Pks & Rec Dept” and then click “Next”
- Step 3 – Payment Information: NO PAYMENT OR DONATION REQUIRED, simply click “Confirm”
- Step 4 – Confirmation: Click “Process”
- Thank You for Registering page appears, click “Next”
- Click “Start PAYS Course”
- Click on video to begin course
- Answer required course questions to complete
6. How do I know if a game or event has been cancelled?
- Contact the Inclement Weather Hotline at 706-769-2965 for current cancellation updates
- Game cancellations are determined by 4 p.m. each day.
- The coaches or league representatives are contacted if games are cancelled.
- Coaches will then contact parents with cancellation information.
7. When does registration begin and end for youth activities?
- Registration start dates for the year are listed on the website under the Registration tab.
- Registration end dates vary by program and or listed in the quarterly program guide.
- Registration continues until the deadline or until the activity is full.
- Call 706-769-3965 for more information.
8. How do I get my name on the waiting list for a sporting activity?
- Register online and the site will automatically place you on the waiting list if the activity is already full, or
- Come to Oconee Veterans Park and fill out a registration form and a staff person will place you on the waiting list.
9. How do I make a field, room or shelter reservation?
- Contact the park office for availability
- For Oconee Veterans Park or Heritage Park call 706-769-3965
- For Herman C. Michael Park or Bogart Sports Complex call 706-769-3966
- Return completed "Request for Use of Facilities" form a minimum of two weeks prior to requested rental date
- Request does not guarantee reservation will be approved
Make payment in full a minimum of two weeks prior to requested rental date
- If deposit required, it must be paid at time of reservation request
- Appropriate park staff will review request and determine if request is granted or denied
- Renter must provide Proof of Insurance, if required
If you did not find the answer to you question here, please feel free to contact us.