What action should I take when finding an injured pet animal?

To report an injured animal, call the shelter during business hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.), 706-769-3956. If after 5 p.m., call 911. Keep away from the animal. If the animal is in pain, it may bite. Officers have special training and equipment to help an injured animal without further injuring the animal and without the Officers getting injured. The best way you can help is to call the professionals.

Show All Answers

1. Why are you closed on Wednesdays?
2. What do the pet adoption fees include?
3. How can I help to support the Animal Control Shelter?
4. What action should I take when finding an injured pet animal?
5. How can I protect my family and pets from rabies?
6. My pet was impounded. How do I reclaim my animal and what will it cost?
7. How do I register an animal nuisance complaint such as barking or other vocalizing?
8. Do you accept volunteers at the Animal Shelter?
9. What is the best way to contact Animal Services in the case of an animal problem?
10. What do I do if I see a sick or injured wild animal?
11. How do I report a lost or found animal?
12. How can I report animal cruelty or neglect?
13. I am no longer able to care for my pet. How do I surrender it to the Animal Shelter?