Welcome to the OCPRD Coach Corner!
OCPRD relies on the commitment of hundreds of volunteers to successfully run our youth athletic programs season to season. From the soccer field to the basketball court, you can make a difference in the Oconee community. We created this page for you, the volunteer coach, in hopes that it is a better resource for each and every coaches no matter which season or sport.
Upcoming season needing coaches - Fall 2018:
- Youth Tackle Football and Cheerleading
- Youth Soccer
- Under 6 Boys and Girls Leagues
- Under 8 Boys and Girls Leagues
- Under 10 Boys and Girls Leagues
- Under 12 Boys and Girls Leagues
- Under 15 Boys and Girls Leagues
All volunteer youth athletic coaches must complete the following:
1. Complete a Volunteer Coaches Application online through Community Pass:
Form Link: Community Pass
2. Complete and pass online criminal history background check:
Form Link: Oconee County P&R Background Screening Form
Volunteer Eligibility Criteria
3. Complete free online concussion training:
Course Link: CDC Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports
4. Complete the NYSCA Training.
Youth Soccer Rule Clinics
New to soccer? We are hosting a Youth Soccer Rules Clinic to help individuals learn about the game of soccer. All youth athletic leagues coordinated through Oconee County Parks and Recreation are volunteer coach based and all teams will need at minimum one volunteer head coach.
| OCPRD by the Numbers (Fall 2017 - Spring 2018)
|Youth Soccer (Fall)
||82 Volunteer Head Coaches
|Youth Flag Football
||22 Volunteer Head Coaches
|Youth Tackle Football
||60 Volunteer Coaches
|Youth Basketball||727 players||114 Volunteer Coaches
|Youth Soccer (Spring)||1,115 players||152 Volunteer Coaches|
|Totals||3,134 players||430 Volunteer Coaches|
Practice Drills & Ideas - Coming Soon