Agenda Page (new agenda available Friday preceding meeting)
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
OCONEE COUNTY, GEORGIA
OCONEE COUNTY COURTHOUSE
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
TAX MILLAGE LEVY
1. Call to Order.
2. Discuss the FY19 Millage Rate.
3. Citizen Remarks.
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
1. Approval of Agenda.
2. Statements and Remarks from Citizens.
3. Statements and Remarks from Commissioners.
4. Approval of Minutes:
Minutes from the following meetings have been distributed:
July 3, 2018 – Regular Meeting
July 10, 2018 – Town Hall Meeting
July 26, 2018 – Called Meeting
July 31, 2018 – Public Hearing
July 31, 2018 – Agenda Meeting
5. Business Involving Guests, Groups, or Multiple Visitors:
1) Update of the Bogart Library Expansion – Valerie Bell, Executive Director, Athens Regional Library System.
6. Approval of Resolutions, Ordinances, Policies, Etc.:
7. Hearings and Actions on Zoning Matters, Special Use Permits, Street Light Tax Districts, Etc:
1) Appeal of Administrative Decision – Brooke & Kellette Wade, 2175 Charlotte’s Walk regarding a fence within a drainage easement.
8. Personnel Matters:
9. Approval of Contracts, Rights-of-Way, Awarding Bids, Purchases, Etc.:
1) Consider paving of a portion of Hale Road by a private property owner.
2) Discuss and Consider bid award for the Meriweather Drive Paving Project.
10. Budget Items:
11. County-wide Matters:
1) Discuss and Consider the 2018 Tax Millage Levy for Oconee County Government Maintenance and Operations.
2) Discuss and Consider confirmation of the 2018 Tax Millage Levy for Oconee County Schools Maintenance and Operations.
12. Consent Items:
1) Approve Alcohol License Application for Fox’s Pizza Den, 2971 Monroe Highway, Suite 109, Bogart, with Betty Jo Walton as the Registered Agent.
2) Approve Senior Center FY19 Aging Services Contract with the Northeast Georgia Regional Commission a term of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 and authorize Chairman John Daniell to execute the contract.
3) Senior Center FY19 Coordinated Transportation Memorandum of Understanding with the Northeast Georgia Regional Commission for transportation services to/from the Senior Center with a term of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 and authorize Chairman John Daniell to execute the contract.
4) Approve the Annual Grounds Maintenance Services Request for Proposal as follows: Ruppert Landscape – Park Services ($132,000.00) and Senior Center ($3,500.00); Premier Tree and Shrub - Animal Services ($4,240.00), Fire Stations ($20,200.00), Fleet Maintenance ($2,622.00) and Public Works Roadside Mowing ($78,000.00).
13. Executive Session to discuss land acquisition, personnel matters and/or potential litigation (if needed).