The Human Resources Staff is committed to establishing a system of employment that will provide a fair, equitable, and productive work environment. Our goal is to recruit qualified individuals, retain valuable employees, maintain compliance with employment laws and government regulations, provide a safe and healthy work environment, and provide resources for administering benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of laws and guidelines affecting HR administration.
- Ensure all applicable HR laws regulations, policies, and procedures are enforced.
- Direct all employment activities.
- Prepare and process payrolls.
- Administer drug testing program.
- Provide and process new employee orientation.
- Manage employee benefit programs.
- Coordinate, develop and deliver training and staff development programs.
- Interacts and provides customer service to county staff, elected officials, employees, vendors, auditors, and general public manage other related personnel needs.
Oconee County is committed to maintaining a work environment free from the adverse impact of employee drug and alcohol abuse. Employee drug and alcohol abuse create serious risks of physical harm to employees, persons who rely on Oconee County's services, and to the public. Oconee County will not tolerate an employee's possession, sale, distribution, consumption or presence in the body of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs while on County property or on County business at any time. Employees who test positive for drug use shall be terminated.