GEORGIA WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE
(Please read the following information prior to applying for license)
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2012, THE GEORGIA WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE HAS A NEW LOOK. THE NEW LICENSE HAS A PHOTO OF THE LICENSE HOLDER ALONG WITH SOME SECURITY FEATURES.
Due to fingerprinting scheduling set by the Oconee County Sheriff's Office,
applications for a Weapons Carry License will be accepted at the Oconee County Probate Court Monday thru Thursday, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm (NO FRIDAYS).
Fingerprinting for a Weapons Carry License will be conducted at the Oconee County Jail, Monday thru Thursday, 9:30 am to 3 pm (NO FRIDAYS).
The application and criminal history consent form may be filled out on-line from the court web site, however the forms must be presented and signed in the presence of Probate Court personnel.
At the time of applying, the applicant shall subject to the following:
1. Applicant must submit to the court, a driver's license or other photo I.D. Please note: I.D. must reflect an Oconee County street address.
2. Applicant must submit to the court, $30.00 for cost of license in the form of a credit card, cash, or personal check, money order or cashier's check made payable to Oconee County Probate Court.
3. Applicant must submit to a photo, which will be taken by court personnel at the time of making application.
The applicant, on the same day of applying, but no later than 5 days, shall be required to submit in person the following to the Oconee County Jail:
1. Weapons Carry License Application (completed and signed)
2. Criminal History Consent Form (completed and signed)
3. $44.25 money order or cashier's check (made payable to Oconee County Sheriff's Office)
NOTE: THE COURT WILL DISMISS THE APPLICATION, IF THE APPLICANT FAILS TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED FORMS AND MONEY ORDER TO THE JAIL WITHIN THE FIVE (5) DAY PERIOD OF APPLYING.
Upon submitting same to jail personnel, the applicant will be fingerprinted and a criminal history will be processed and the information will be forwarded back to the Court within thirty (30) days.
Upon the court receiving and reviewing the criminal history report, the court will make a finding as to the applicant's eligibility to obtain a Weapons Carry License. If the applicant is found to be eligible to receive a license, the license will be processed/issued to the applicant within ten (10) days. If the applicant is found to be ineligible to receive a license, a notice of such will be mailed to the applicant.