GEORGIA WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE
(Please read the following information prior to applying for license)
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2014:
Applications for a Weapons Carry License will be accepted at the Oconee County Probate Court Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Fingerprinting for a Weapons Carry License will be conducted at the Oconee County Jail, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
At the time of applying, the applicant shall subject to the following:
1. Applicant must submit to the court, a valid driver's license or other photo I.D. Please note: Driver's license of photo I.D. must reflect an Oconee County street address.
2. First Time Applicants -Application and consent form required for criminal background check and fingerprinting. Applicant is required to take paperwork to Oconee County Jail within five (5) days of filing application for fingerprinting. Failure to do so may result in the dismissal of application. Total Cost - $74.25.
3. Renewal Applicants - Application and consent form required for criminal background check. If the applicant's original weapons carry license was issued in Oconee County and there remains less than 90 days before the expiration of the license or if the license has expired within the last 30 days, fingerprinting will not be required. However, a consent form for criminal background check will be required. Total Cost - $30.00. Please note: If the original weapons carry license was issued in another county, fingerprinting and a criminal background check will be required. Total Cost - $74.25.
4. A photo of applicant will be taken by court personnel at the time of applying.
5. Payments can be made in the form of cash, credit card, money order or cashier's check made payable to Oconee County Probate Court. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Upon the court reviewing the criminal background check, the court will make a finding as to the applicant’s eligibility to obtain a Weapons Carry License. If the applicant is eligible to receive a license, the license will be available for pickup or mailed to the applicant. If the applicant is found to be ineligible to receive a license, a notice of such ineligibility will be mailed to the applicant.